Learn the halachos and minhagim of Chuppah v’Kidduhsin. Receive Rabbanut certification to be a mesader kiddushin.
Rabbi Dovid Lau
Chief Rabbi of Israel
Rabbi Yehoram Ulman
Av Beis Din and Rov, Sydney Australia
Rabbi Mordechai Farkash
Chaver Vaad Rabbonei Lubavitch, Rov in Bellevue, Washington
What is it?
A primer on the halachos and minhagim of Chuppah v’Kiddushin. Participants will study the original Shulchan Aruch and commentaries, and apply it to the practicalities of officiating at a wedding.
Who is it for?
Rabbis, shluchim, and kolel yungerleit.
What is the certification?
Receive a certificate of course completion, signed by the Chief Rabbi of Israel and others, authorizing you to perform weddings in Israel.
Why learn this?
To know how to perform a wedding exactly according to halachah is of utmost necessity for a rabbi. This course will walk you through the various steps of a marriage process, from the wedding preps all the way to the yichud room.
Chuppah v'Kiddushin Course Offer
Machon Smicha offers each student a complete curriculum, consisting of:
- Online portal with access to all the program content
- Flexible schedule.
- English Study Guide, containing introductions, overviews, translations, and in-depth summaries of every halachah.
- Access to forums and teachers for questions, discussions, etc.
- Rabbi and teachers available to answer questions and aid in the learning
- Quizzes, review material, and mock tests.
- Tests with prominent rabbis.
- Certificate for those who successfully complete the program.
The course was developed by the Machon Smicha team, under the guidance of Rabbi Yehoram Ulman and Rabbi Mordechai Farkash. The topics covered by the course are subdivided into four primary topics:
Shiurim on the Shulchan Aruch by Rabbi Kesselman. Additionally, Rabbis Ulman and Farkash deliver shiurim throughout the course, drawing from their wealth of knowledge and insight, both halachic and practical, and sharing that with the students.